The 2018 World Series of Poker is currently in full swing in Las Vegas, but that doesn’t mean we can’t look ahead to what else is coming up this year. And since everyone in the poker world is paying attention to the WSOP, what better time for Caesars to release the schedule for the 2018 WSOP Europe but now?
If you are an ultra-astute poker fan, you might be thinking to yourself, “But the WSOP Europe is only run in odd-numbered years!”
And you would be correct, except that things changed in short order. Starting in 2015, the WSOP Europe was scheduled for odd-numbered years and WSOP Asia Pacific (APAC) was to be held in even-numbered years, mainly because the WSOP thought it was a bit too much trying to have poker festivals all around the globe every year. But the WSOP APAC was cancelled in 2016 and apparently won’t be held this year, either. The WSOP Europe has been so popular, though, that it made sense to bring it back as an annual event, so here we are.
Like last year, the WSOP Europe will be hosted by the King’s Casino in Rozvadov, Czech Republic, right by the German border from September 20th through November 5th. There will be ten gold bracelet events with €13 million in guaranteed prize pools. The €10,350 WSOP Europe Main Event will have a €5 million Guarantee.
The first official bracelet event, the €550 Colossus, will begin October 9th.
“King’s Casino does everything big and first class, so we can’t wait to return to Rozvadov for the 2018 World Series of Poker Europe,” said WSOP Executive Director Ty Stewart in a press release. “With €13 million in guarantees on bracelet events, plus a phenomenal cash game scene, we highly recommend you make plans to join us this fall in Europe’s best kept poker secret.”
“It was a dream to host WSOP Europe and I can’t wait to do it again,” added King’s Casino owner Leon Tsoukernik. “We hope everyone who came last year comes back for our warm hospitality and generous offerings, and for those who missed out, please join us for Europe’s biggest poker event of the year.”
The 2018 WSOP Europe schedule is below. Dates listed are the dates the events or their starting flights begin.
2018 World Series of Poker Europe Schedule
1. €550 Colossus No-Limit Hold’em – €1,000,000 Guarantee – October 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
2. €1,650 6-Handed Deepstack No-Limit Hold’em — €200,000 Guarantee – October 14
3. €550 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed — €100,000 Guarantee – October 15-16
4. €1,100 Turbo Special Bounty Hunter No-Limit Hold’em — €200,000 Guarantee — October 17
5. €1,100 Monster Stack No-Limit Hold’em — €1,000,000 Guarantee – October 18, 19, 20
6. €1,650 Pot Limit Omaha/No-Limit Hold’em Mix — €200,000 Guarantee — October 21
7. €2,200 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed — €200,000 Guarantee – October 22
8. €25,000 High Roller No-Limit Hold’em – €1,000,000 Guarantee – October 24
9. €100,000 Super High Roller – €5,000,000 Guarantee – October 26
10. €10,350 WSOP Europe Main Event – €5,000,000 Guarantee – October 27, 28